Situated at the east end of Wendeng Road, embraced by Taiping Hill and Qingdao Hill in the north, and facing Huiquan Bay in the south, Zhongshan Park is the largest comprehensive park in Qingdao with a floor area of 674,000 m2. There was a fishing village called Huiqian Village in southwest of the park. During its invasion of Qingdao, Germany expelled the fishermen of Huiqian Village and set up plants testing field. Japan constructed tourist access, planted hundreds of cherry trees transported from Japan, and named the park as Sun-Rising Park during its first invasion of Qingdao. It was renamed First Park in 1922 when Chinese government regained the sovereignty of Qingdao. It was renamed again for honoring SUN Zhongshan in 1929. There are large-scale gardens such as Yulan Garden and Tulip Garden in the park, and Qingdao Cherry Blossom Festival with a history of more than 80 years is also held here every year.