Situated at No. 19 Taiping Road, Shinan District, Qingdao and built in 1467, the palace covers a floor area of 3,415 m2 and a building area of 1,200 m2. The palace is of double courtyard type with buildings on four sides. In the midmost of the front yard lies an opera tower, which is a repeated eaves type hill backing building with the bell tower an drum tower on the left and right; in the midmost of the backyard stands Tianhou Palace, which is a hard hilltop building; there are also such auxiliary buildings as west-east side halls, west-east wing-rooms and gate. In 1982, it was listed as the Municipal-Level Cultural Relics Protection Unit. In 1996, the municipal government appropriated funds to repair it as per the original appearance. In 1997, it was developed into Qingdao Folk Customs Museum and was opened to the outside.