Site of German Consulate
Located at No.1, Qingdao Road, Shinan District, Qingdao, the building was built in 1913 originally as a private residence and covers a land area of 1,408 m2, with a floorage of 1,165 m2. In 1926 German Government set German Consulate in Qingdao here. The southern entrance to the building is the semicircular arch laid with rough demoiselle. Corners in the middle of building are round and the upper part of that is an octagon steeple, with both adjacent sides of pediment walls in asymmetry. The descendants of Confucius bought this residence and named “South Garden” in 1947 and donated it to Qingdao Municipal Government in 1986. Currently, it serves as South Garden Confucius Memorial. Its lounge at the ground floor is opened up as the exhibition room to display the portrait and associated works and literatures of Confucius. The Site was listed into key national protected units of cultural relics in 2006 as one of the German architectural complexes in Qingdao.